For those looking for a gorgeous 3-day trek during the Diwali holidays, we bring you an opportunity to trek to one of the most beautiful trekking trails near McLeodganj in Himachal Pradesh.
One of our ‘Pure Explore Hosts’ will be accompanying you on this gorgeous trek to the lake. Below you’ll find all the information needed to plan this trek. If you still have any questions or you want to be a part of this experience, feel free to call / WhatsApp @ +91 99536 29546 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kareri Lake is a high altitude, shallow, fresh water lake south of the Dhauladhar range approximately 9 km North West of Dharamshala in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh. Snow melting from the Dhauladhar range serves as the source of the lake and a stream, Nyund is the outflow. Since the source is fresh melting snow and the lake is shallow, water visibility is very high and in most places, the lake bed can be seen. Apart from the lake’s natural beauty, the trek itself goes through beautiful forests, rural villages, and finishes at a remote temple on the banks of Kareri Lake. Clusters of dense conifers and different kinds of perennial flowers are a rare treat offered by this place.
Dates: 20th October to 22nd October 2017
Trek Duration: 3 Days, 2 Nights
Maximum group size: 10
Maximum altitude: 9,700 feet
Cost: Rs. 9,300 per person (Delhi to Delhi)
After a sumptuous breakfast and exploring the Kareri village, we start our trek to the gorgeous Kareri lake. The trek today will be slightly steep at some places but the surrounding beauty will hardly make you realize that. We will be crossing Nyund village and numerous streams all along the way. The approach to Kareri lake is via undulating meadows. Once we reach the lake, take your time to explore the region. We camp for the night near the shores of the lake.
- Tent accommodation for 2 nights, Sleeping bags, Sleeping mats, Kitchen / Dining tent and Toilet tent
- Porters for trekking equipment and tents (not personal luggage)
- Forest Permit Fees and Camping charges
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner) starting from lunch on October 20th to breakfast on October 22nd
- Services of a licensed, professional guide & high altitude porters
- Bonfire in the evening (subject to weather conditions)
- Transportation in an AC tempo traveler from Delhi and back
- Transportation from McLeodganj to starting point of trek on Day 1 and from Kareri village to Dharamshala on Day 3
- All taxes
- Trekking equipment like Poles, Jackets, Boots etc.
- Any hotel stay
- Any transport support apart from what’s mentioned above
- Food/water while traveling
- Any Deviation or detour from the given itinerary
- Mineral water or Alcohol
- Any personal expenses
- Travel/trek insurance
- Anything not included in inclusions
If you have any questions, feel free to call / WhatsApp @ +91 99536 29546 or email us at email@example.com